windows 7 problem

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

nightmare_gecko
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tmn

windows 7 problem

Post by nightmare_gecko » 04 Apr 2010 15:42

i downloaded tmnations forever and i installed it. but when i press play nothing happens.
i can see the process in task manager, but no more.
someone knows the solution?

nightmare_gecko
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tmn

Re: windows 7 problem

Post by nightmare_gecko » 06 Apr 2010 12:42

no answer?

joaomaradao
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by joaomaradao » 20 Apr 2010 21:59

I'm having exactly the same problem! I also have Windows 7 (x64). And yes, I have UAC disabled. Help please! :(
I've already tried to uninstall and install again, to run it on an older version, but it still doesn't show anything. :?
CPU: Core2Quad Q9550
RAM: 4GB DDR3
GPU: Radeon HD4870 (Catalyst Control Center 10.3)

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 21 Apr 2010 10:17

wish i could help, runs ok at home on win7 x64 ...mines q6600 and 2x 8800GT Nvidia's if that helps.

woki
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMUF
Manialink(s): woki

Post by woki » 22 Apr 2010 08:42

nightmare_gecko wrote:i downloaded tmnations forever and i installed it. but when i press play nothing happens.
i can see the process in task manager, but no more.
someone knows the solution?
Hey,

Did you try to run trackmania as administrator?

joaomaradao
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by joaomaradao » 24 Apr 2010 10:39

chrish4161 wrote:Now this problem is depend on your OS version. Which version you are using is the answer. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and I also faced these kind of problems lot many times. It is the fault of OS that setup your software perfectly but when you start the program nothing happened. So no need to worry. MS will find out the bug and we can use the revised version of it.
Thanks! You made me find a way to solve this problem! It's easy! Go to the proprieties of the game setup file and run it with compatibility with windows vista (service pack 1), then install it. After that do the same with the update setup and it should work fine... At least that's what happened to me! :thumbsup:

treeguy
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by treeguy » 26 Apr 2010 04:42

Hi, I am having the same problem as the two users above. I also did a Google search and it seems that quite a few Windows 7 users are having similar issues.

I installed the TM Nations Forever today and played the game twice but now the game will not load, it just brings up the initial menu and then when I select 'play' it does not respond, but it shows the program in the task manager. The firewall isn't blocking it.

I tried the fix above (change the properties to run compatible with Vista) but that didn't fix it.

Also tried un-install and re-install, and checking the compatibility in Windows 7 but didn't work.

Any ideas. thanks

plutonea
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by plutonea » 26 Apr 2010 23:55

This isn't just a Windows 7 problem. I'm on Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit. I downloaded the game on Steam. Here's what happened:

-Downloaded TMNF through Steam, set the game to run in windowed mode, and then started playing. The next day, the game would not run properly. It would appear in Task Manager, but that was the only indication that it was running.

-Uninstalled the game, and re-installed it. No effect. When I try to run the game or access its settings through Steam, a window pops up for a split second. All I can see is "Performing first time setup..." and something about Microsoft (C) register server (step 1 of 1). Everything else goes by too fast to read.

-I went into the game's folder, and tried running testapp.exe. This worked a total of 3 times. Now I'm back to the same problem.

I haven't installed any new Vista updates since I got the game. I have no viruses or spyware, and I haven't changed any game settings except for windowed mode. I've tried a few suggestions (replace a dll file, disable firewalls, run as admin, compatibility settings), but they haven't worked.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 29 Apr 2010 17:10

joaomaradao wrote:
chrish4161 wrote:Now this problem is depend on your OS version. Which version you are using is the answer. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and I also faced these kind of problems lot many times. It is the fault of OS that setup your software perfectly but when you start the program nothing happened. So no need to worry. MS will find out the bug and we can use the revised version of it.
Thanks! You made me find a way to solve this problem! It's easy! Go to the proprieties of the game setup file and run it with compatibility with windows vista (service pack 1), then install it. After that do the same with the update setup and it should work fine... At least that's what happened to me! :thumbsup:
lmao, that was a spambot! That's gotta be a first, an advertising spambot helping someone in technical support :roflol: