Some odd tech questions....

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

A_P3RS0N
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Some odd tech questions....

Post by A_P3RS0N » 20 Dec 2008 01:45

Hello all.
I had some tech questions, and was wondering if anyone knew the answers.
1. What ports need to be forwarded for fully functional TMUF networking? (other than 2350)
2. Is there any way for the time to be displayed in 12-hour? and in correct time zone?
3. Is there any way for the distance/speed measurements to be displayed in Imperial standards? (feet, miles)
4. When I import custom music into TMF, the song information is displayed as ???. What do I have to do to have the song info displayed there?
5. (Not so techie) I haven't played the game overnight. What is the cycle of colors on the globe background? I know it's ?-Blue-Purple-Red-Orange-Yellow-?

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Re: Some odd tech questions....

Post by Trackmaniack » 22 Dec 2008 17:29

1. As far as I know: WYSIWYG: What you see is what you get. AKA, nothing more than what already has been done.
2. Again, not as far as I know. And, unless you've got something screwy with your system clock, it should already be in the correct time zone, because TM just reads off of that.
3. That I do know. No.
4. Beats me. I've always been satisfied with the default soundtrack.
5. Black. I've played the game from about 2AM-6AM my time while I was in a server tourney once, and when I got in, the color was black/silver, and then it switched to the early morning colors, whatever that was (I forget).
Hope that helped!
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

Steve_59
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Steve_59 » 22 Dec 2008 20:38

A_P3RS0N wrote:4. When I import custom music into TMF, the song information is displayed as ???. What do I have to do to have the song info displayed there?
You need to edit the tags of the song, I cannot remember if it is the mp3 tags or the ogg tags, propably the ogg tags as that is the second last step in the conversion.
I use audacity to do this, it is free.
Wham! BAM! Thank you ma'am!

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Post by Racemaniac » 22 Dec 2008 21:44

1) 2350: server communication
3450: p2p port
5000: rpc port (remote control of your server)
ofcourse, these are default settings, you can set any of these to anything you like
if you want to manage your server remotely, you must enable it in the config, so it'll allow connections from outside the lan on that port

2)not afaik
3)doubt it, it's not as if they're realistic in any way, so doesn't really matter imo
4)i assume giving it ide tags with the correct infromation will work, haven't tried it though
5)since what you describe are a logical cycle of the primary and secondary colors, green would be the logical one (and also the blend between blue and yellow)
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Trackmaniack » 22 Dec 2008 22:12

Racemaniac wrote: 5)since what you describe are a logical cycle of the primary and secondary colors, green would be the logical one (and also the blend between blue and yellow)
Not to shoot you down, Racemaniac, because you usually do know a lot more than what I do, green is the color of the TMNF globe and main menu screen, while like I said above, black/grayish-silver is the overnight color for the TMUF main menu screen and globe.

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Post by Racemaniac » 22 Dec 2008 22:31

Trackmaniack wrote:
Racemaniac wrote: 5)since what you describe are a logical cycle of the primary and secondary colors, green would be the logical one (and also the blend between blue and yellow)
Not to shoot you down, Racemaniac, because you usually do know a lot more than what I do, green is the color of the TMNF globe and main menu screen, while like I said above, black/grayish-silver is the overnight color for the TMUF main menu screen and globe.
could be, i don't realy look at the colors ^^
i just said what would be logical
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Trackmaniack » 22 Dec 2008 22:35

Yes, that would be logical...but think about TM for a second. Is going through a 150-foot tall loop (estimate) followed by a halfpipe turn logical? :roflol: :thumbsup: :gobananas: But that's why I :lovetm