freezing

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

mihailovicb
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMN TMU

freezing

Post by mihailovicb » 27 Jun 2008 14:14

hmm 10 times per day game just freeze and stop with working. Anyone have this problem or just my problem ??

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Re: freezing

Post by Racemaniac » 27 Jun 2008 15:03

haven't heard of this before (or not often at least).
have you excluded basic possibilities like hardware overheating (cpu/gpu), old drivers, generic windows problems (aka, are you noticing other strange things that are happening? maybe your windows needs to be wiped and reinstalled)

also, giving us an idea of your pc configuration might give a clue.
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

mihailovicb
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMN TMU

Post by mihailovicb » 28 Jun 2008 07:01

AMD Athlon 64 X2 DUal
Core Processor 4000+
2GB of RAM
Graphic: NVidia GeForce 8600 GT

boxieblue
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by boxieblue » 28 Jun 2008 16:42

run a scan over your entire system. check for malware/adware/worms, anything that might be slowing your system down

Ed
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by Ed » 06 Jul 2008 18:53

I have been having same prob, ever since the TMUF update. I have ran all scans and a SFC scan. Reinstalled all driver after removing all driver files with a program call drivercleaner. Still no luck I guess I will be re-installing OS and game as soon as I hear back from Metaboli with new Key. That should do the trick :D

rat_in_car
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by rat_in_car » 08 Jul 2008 07:48

People, please! Stop asking about configuration every time when problem is unknown! This man have something with hardware (or MAYBE software, who knows - there are no perfect programs) but he don't resolve his problems by posting informations about motherboard, gfx card etc. It's stupid!

Better way is say "I don't know" (I know, that is not so popular answer). Best way is answer if someone was similar problem and KNOW how to resolve.

Why I posting that? Because I am angry when I may resolve any problem by searching google about, for example, some windows library and all I found is post including HijackThis log, because some "expert" want that (for helping, of course). Or, like in this case, someone will search for geforce problems and find this post by searching "freeze geforce 8600".

Argh...

About freezing question. If this is total-freeze (not response) then I don't know. If game extreme slow-down then I have similar problem on old computer. Strange is that only in this game I was have this problem. So - maybe is some bug in game, who knows. That type problems are always hard to resolve.

TMUF is great game, but Nadeo isn't best programmers team (look at analyzer in TMUF that can slow-down FPS from over 200 to 60).

Steve_59
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Steve_59 » 08 Jul 2008 10:54

rat_in_car wrote:People, please! Stop asking about configuration every time when problem is unknown!
No, it is a valid question, as well as asking about cleaning of components or heat issues.

Rivatuner can be used to log your GPU temperature whilst you are running the game, it maybe worthwhile to try logging GPU temps to see if the GPU overheats whilst TMF is running. That would cause the game to freeze.

It could also be a power supply issue, or a CPU going into thermal shutdown.

This post, viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16829 is a good example.
The poor fellow brought a new laptop and expected it to run TMF, by looking at the specifications you can easily tell that the laptop will have trouble running even DX7 or 8 games.

By asking about system spefications you may remind someone who a different problem but similar hardware. The solution maybe the same.

When you are trying to help someone out you cannot ever have too much information, it is lack of information that causes false diagnosis of problems.
Wham! BAM! Thank you ma'am!

rat_in_car
road tourist
road tourist

Post by rat_in_car » 08 Jul 2008 11:14

This is great theory, great words etc. But not real.

So - now you know configuration. And what? Do you know a solution of this problem only because you know configuration? You see "8600" and you say "oh, yes, you have geforce 8600, i know everything about problems with geforce 8600 and trackmania nations forever and you must install my own 8600 trackmania patch"?

I see this configuration questions many times on many forums and most of them have no sense! Even if that questions may have sense, then guy who asking mostly don't know answer no matter how detailed specification he get.

So, now tell me - are you know what is wrong with michailovicb game? You should be know, because he has "AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual, Core Processor 4000+, 2GB of RAM and NVidia GeForce 8600 GT". Wow! Now you know everything, isn't? This must be wrong lowest bit in 1962301 byte in RAM, right?

Steve_59
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Steve_59 » 08 Jul 2008 11:18

Well I did offer a couple of tips that may help track down the problem, which is more than I can say for you :)

rat_in_car
road tourist
road tourist

Post by rat_in_car » 08 Jul 2008 11:51

Oh, this is great! Well done! I just say that I don't know, but you are better - you offer COUPLE OF TIPS (that I can't find here, but ok). If this metod should help then I can add some my few ideas that for sure resolve problem: reinstall system, reinstall drivers, reinstall dx, check power supply, replace power supply, replace mainboard, replace processor and, if you want to be sure, replace RAM and graphics card, buy new monitor and try other internet provider. Great help.

Steve_59
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Steve_59 » 08 Jul 2008 12:12

rat_in_car wrote:you offer COUPLE OF TIPS (that I can't find here, but ok).
Steve_59 wrote:Rivatuner can be used to log your GPU temperature whilst you are running the game, it maybe worthwhile to try logging GPU temps to see if the GPU overheats whilst TMF is running. That would cause the game to freeze.

It could also be a power supply issue, or a CPU going into thermal shutdown.
There are my tips, now if you have anything helpful to add then please do, otherwise please be quiet, you are not helping.

srdjan183
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by srdjan183 » 13 Jul 2008 17:40

is not just yours prob, i have the same. the game is freezing totally random, sometimes in 10 minutes of playing 3-4 times, and sometimes i get 2 hours of playing w/o freezing...

Since my PC specs are way different ( AMD Athlon XP 2000+, ATI Radeon 9550, 1 GB RAM, nForce 2 U400, Win XP SP2...) i don't think that is related to hardware. But i notice that game usually freez when im trying to chat in game or edit track/replay. And that's happen in both TMUF and TMNF, since they use the same engine, i think that is bug, cuz TMU/TMN working w/o probs (and other games 2).

i even suspect on NOD32 and famous "ekrn.exe" process. but that is not the case, still there is strange behavior of TMUF/TMNF when "ekrn.exe" is running and there is no internet or LAN connection, the game do drastic FPS drop, and CPU usage go to 100%, and again TMU/TMN don't have that prob.

That is all i know for now, until someone resolve that, only thing u can do is to press F13 or use task manager (if u are lucky) :roflol: :1

And yes. is total freeze (no response). sry for bad English. :P

onejive
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): NA

Post by onejive » 17 Jul 2008 09:52

Yeah, it happens to me too. Freezes for no reason... then black screen and then gets back to normal. I thought that was my problem because i need to format my pc... but since u guys have it too, i need to dig about it.
AKA Revnant

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 17 Jul 2008 10:46

The best thing to do in this cases is update all DirectX and Graphic Card drivers, then if the problem, persists, its better to send a message to Nadeo explaining your problem, they might have or get the correct solution for each problem that all of you guys have. Just my guess and advice! :1

utetopia
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TM TMS TMN TMNF

Post by utetopia » 26 Jul 2008 06:44

The best advice is to try another video card. I have installed TMNF on a 2nd PC because my main gaming rig will freeze very often, with all the symptoms listed above..

PC1 is a C2D X3110 (E8400) stock with Asus P5B Deluxe & 9800GTX.

PC2 is a C2Q Q6600 with GA EP35-DS3P & 8600GT.

Both use the same driver but only the 8600GT system runs freeze free.

Until an ATI/AMD user has this same problem I blame nVidia.

That or it's a combination of details chosen in Windows. AA/AF, Water detail, shadow details, car details etc etc.
Q6600 | 2GB 800 | P35-DS3P | 8600GT 171.16 | CM690 500W NeoHE | Logitech Precision Gamepad (Blue)