cant really chat anymore in TMU-F

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

McBain
cyclist
cyclist

cant really chat anymore in TMU-F

Post by McBain » 15 Apr 2008 18:02

Hello

i updated to Forever and now everytime i press space bar ingame i get invalid time and i have to wait at least for 10s. When i press enter the same happens again. So practically i cant chat anymore online. Does anybody have an idea?
Problems to chat in TMNF/TMUF? This is YOUR thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14172

Aseco/Rasp 2: ->ok
Xaseco: ->very nice
Mistralaseco: ->very nice too
T.R.U.C.K.: ->nice
FAST: ->nice
RCP4: ->fast and simple

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Re: cant really chat anymore in TMU-F

Post by otmb;ripbox » 16 Apr 2008 00:06

that could just be due to server strain as there ar a lot of ppl trying to download and play all at once

try again another time when its quiet and you might see all is ok
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* Abit IN9 32 MAX Motherboard
* 8 GB OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 nVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition (4X2GB)
* AMP! GeForce GTX 260² 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 x 1
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64
* Thermaltake W0133RB 1200W PSU

highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMN, TMUF

Post by 1957 » 16 Apr 2008 15:24

I have the same problem and it´s not due to server strain. All the other UMF-guys were on the same server at the same time and their TMU-F was working just fine. Furthermore after clicking on any menu (OK, Improve, new track or whatever) the game freezes for more than 10 seconds, the music stops, on some occasions the mouse stops responding. If I wait long enough for a track to load, when play starts, the ghost is already behind the first corner. In official mode I have 3 seconds on the clock when the car starts to respond (move).
The built-in benchmark clocked the 1600x1200 resolution@99,4fps, still the game offers to drop resolution for a better framerate.
I am at a loss here and hope thousands of others are experiencing the same problems, but it seems they aren´t. Any ideas? Both games are patched to the latest version. Trackmania Original is also installed.

Win XP Service Pack 2
2Gt of Ram
AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 5000+ processor
NVIDIA Geforce 8800GTS
ADSL 2Mb/512kb

Retodon8
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMU(F), TM2:C
Manialink(s): Retodon8

Post by Retodon8 » 16 Apr 2008 15:31

Could it be you have a virus scanner or some other programming interfering, reading every file that TMUF read/writes/interacts with?
Try closing down programs and services, especially check your System Tray (the thing in your Task bar, bottom right, with the time in it).
Яєזσםση8
ImageImage

highway camper
highway camper

Post by 1957 » 16 Apr 2008 16:58

I´m using Norton 360, I turned off auto-protect for 15 minutes, no improvement. I´ve had no problems whatsoever with TMU. Another guy from my clan is experiencing the exact same problems. That´s two out of less than twenty people, so the problem may be big.
I have a logitech G15 keyboard. It has a small LCD screen with a clockface on it. When the game stops responding after each keyboard input in the menus or in the chat,, the second hand on the clockface stops too and begins to move at 5 to 7 second intervals. Something is using a lot of resources.

McBain
cyclist
cyclist

Post by McBain » 16 Apr 2008 17:50

Im using Norton 360 too and i also have a G15 keyboard, what a big coincidence. I already wrote about this problem in the beta testphase, but there it seemed that i was the only one having this problem. Ill test with another keyboard and tell you then what happened.

highway camper
highway camper

Post by 1957 » 16 Apr 2008 18:04

Thanks, I hope this problem will be resolved soon, it is a great game, but not playable at the moment. I´m assuming the FOREVER at the end of TMU isn´t supposed to be referring to the loading times between menus.
By the way, I also have a Logitech rumblepad2 connected to one of the USB ports, although not in use at the moment. I use the keyboard because I only get to race for 6-22 seconds between 2 minute load times.

duffman
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF

Post by duffman » 16 Apr 2008 18:21

I have the same problem and I also have the same keyboard. Using another keyboard resolved the problem, but I want to use my G15.

highway camper
highway camper

Post by 1957 » 16 Apr 2008 18:59

I also uninstalled the G15 and the software and am using a Microsoft Windoze keyboard with no problems. Hope somebody from Nadeo reports this to Logitech.

McBain
cyclist
cyclist

Post by McBain » 16 Apr 2008 20:52

thx a lot for all these answers :3 when i wasnt the only one we were able to find the problem, wuhu :)

i made now my test. after closing the following 4 processes (in the task-manager) i was able to use even my G15 ingame with no more problems (there is just some loss of special funktions like keyboard clock on the g15 and the display is no more working but who cares):

lgdcore.exe

ill try to figure out which process is the source of the problem

Edit: i also had to plug out, after that the keyboard and plug it in later, then it worked.
Edit2: so its not more 4 processes, close lgdcore.exe process and then just plug out and plug in keyboard and mouse, thats it (maybe it still can be optimized)
Last edited by McBain on 20 Apr 2008 02:13, edited 3 times in total.

Retodon8
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMU(F), TM2:C
Manialink(s): Retodon8

Post by Retodon8 » 16 Apr 2008 22:19

I have a G15 (new), on Windows Vista 64-bit, standard Logitech drivers, and I don't experience these problems.
That doesn't help any of you, I didn't do anything special, but at least it could mean it's possible for you to get it working properly as well.
Яєזσםση8
ImageImage

Husky
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Husky » 19 Apr 2008 10:22

I've the same 1957's problem. I can't play on tmnf while i've not any problem on TMU. Also I haven't the beckground application like lcmedia...
Please Help me....I can't play now at this wonderfoul game... :(

McBain
cyclist
cyclist

Post by McBain » 20 Apr 2008 02:16

i was investigating the problem a bit and i dont know yet which things really are needed to be done but now i only close lgdcore.exe and i plug out mouse and keyboard (waiting for the sound^^) then plug boath in (waiting for the sound^^) and everything works perfectly ingame then

Coeluh
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMNF

Post by Coeluh » 08 May 2008 09:26

Thanks so much! I'm able to play this game now! It's a shame you have to unplug the keyboard every time though.

IanH
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by IanH » 27 Jun 2008 03:28

I was unable to chat in TMNF, but in my case the problem was something else. In particular the "ATI hotkey polling service". This is part of the catalyst driver suite for ATI graphics cards. It installs as a service running in the background in order to detect hotkey combinations on the keyboard so that it can adjust the settings on your graphics card. If you've got it I recommend you disable it in administrative tools/services. Who would ever use this - useless cruft!

More generally it looks like TM doesn't like to share the keyboard. Anything else you've got running which looks at the keyboard may cause similar problems. Like a keylogger for example on a malware infected system? A thought - yes?