Account, key issues: read this topic

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

85filip58
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMO,TM2,TMTurbo
Manialink(s): No.

Re: Account, key issues: read this topic

Post by 85filip58 » 10 May 2020 19:27

crackmonkey823 wrote:
09 May 2020 00:44
Hey Alinoa,

I purchased a copy of Trackmania United (TMU) many years ago (CD purchase, not through steam) and am now trying to re-install the game on my new PC. My PC doesn't have a DVD drive so I made an ISO of my disk and installed the game using Daemon Lite. The game seems to install correctly, but when I try to apply the track mania United Forever (TMUF) patch, it complains that it couldn't find my copy of TMU. Even when I locate the game folder, it complains that it can't determine which version of TMU I have.

When trying to play TMU by itself as I did in the past, the CD is not being read correctly. The protection system that comes up when starting the game checks the disk and fails. There's an option to manually put in the CD key, but this also fails. I tried 3 times so I'm confident that I'm not making any typos :D

What's weird is the first time I installed the game and then the TMUF patch, I was able to get into the game. But when I quit and started the game again, I had the same issue where it can't read the disk and then the CD key fails when entered manually. I uninstalled the game, and can now not even get that far.

I read earlier that you mentioned contacting Ubisoft for support, but I think my purchase was before they became the publisher. If I'm wrong about that please let me know and I'll ask them. If you have any suggestions, that would be great. I've been missing this game lately.

Here's my system specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GeForce GTX 2080 Super

Let me know if anything else would be helpful. I see there is a report that can be generated when this failure happens. Let me know how I can get that to you.

Thanks!
Hi,

Would you mind to download standalone full TMUF game from http://files.trackmaniaforever.com/tmun ... _setup.exe and patch it afterwards?

Regards,
Filip

crackmonkey823
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU, TM2

Post by crackmonkey823 » 11 May 2020 05:55

That did the trick! Thanks :D

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 11 May 2020 08:05

Hello,

You can also download the game from your player page here: https://player.trackmania.com/main.php

Happy Day :)
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

denmax
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TrackMania United

Post by denmax » 27 Aug 2020 17:36

Good day!

I bought my copy of TMUF from retail which was a long time ago, IIRC maybe around 2008 maybe (honestly don't know, I'm basing it from the worldwide release date in wikipedia and adding a year for safety)? Similar to the earlier post, I'm not sure whether Ubisoft was the publisher for the game by that time either so I can't say their support could help me (my trackmania account isn't 'linked' to an ubisoft account either). I lost the hard copy but I was happy that I remember my account details for where the game is registered in, and was even more joyous to find that an available download link for TMUF was available in the player page. My big problem is that after installing the game, it's asking for the 'player key'. Seaching Google, it seemed that 'player key' is basically the product license key. I don't know where to find the product or player key now since I'm sure it's on the box or CD which I already lost. Is there a way to re-acquire that key? Just a quick heads up, searching for email on my registered account won't work since I cleared the Inbox of that email a few months ago (it's an old email that I don't already use, and the inbox was just filled with a lot of spam so I decided to clear it up). I really hope there's an available way to help me out here.

Around a few months earlier, I was kind of reminded of Trackmania. I didn't really play the game much when I was a kid because internet on my country was bad at that time and I just didn't get how racing against ghosts was fun, but I remembered asking my dad to buy it for me. To be honest the biggest reason why I wanted my dad to buy it was because of the open-wheel car on the cover and it kinda reminded me of F1 which I really enjoyed at that time. Now with my interest in F1 also revitalized, anthropomorphism kind of hit me and I felt bad not giving the game a chance, especially now that I appreciate the game more from watching youtubers play it. I really want to try it out again if I could.

EDIT: Okay, I can confirm it's 2008 because I actually posted in this forums and I don't even remember this!
I'm fast whenever no one can pass me...

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 28 Aug 2020 13:44

Hi,

You can contact the Ubisoft support for TMUF account issues.

Cheers :)
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

tomas141_
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Nations
Manialink(s): None

Post by tomas141_ » 06 Sep 2020 15:25

Sl4pza wrote:
25 Sep 2019 13:39
Hi

I created a TMNF account in 2006, I know the password but I can't remember the Login ID.

How do I get hold of it? Here is a link to my profile on the ladder: http://en.tm-ladder.com/4725239_rech.php
Im sorry mate but if you dont remember your Login ID then you are basically screwed cus it wont let you play unless you buy it again